Patrick Bouldin, Esq. (502) 905-8177 firstname.lastname@example.org
Since 2006, Patrick has been an adjunct professor in both Trial Practice and Advanced Trial Practice at the Brandeis School of Law. Additionally, he has lectured numerous times at the local and national level, presenting on topics involving trial techniques, federal law, evidence, and ethics. After successfully utilizing focus groups, mock trials and a jury consultant himself for a seven-week death-penalty murder trial in 2009, Patrick founded Trial In Focus to assist other litigators as they prepare for trial. Patrick soon partnered with accomplished attorneys Brian Butler and Alex Dathorne.
Patrick Bouldin's Legal Experience
Assistant Federal Defender, Western District of Kentucky
An Assistant Federal Defender since 1998, Patrick practices in the Federal Courts of Louisville, Bowling Green, Paducah, Fort Knox and Owensboro. According the United States District Court Clerk’s Office, Patrick has defended over 800 federal cases in the district. He has tried and litigated federal cases involving murder, organized crime, drugs, fraud, robbery, environmental crime and death penalty cases. Additionally, Patrick has successfully argued a number of appeals at the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
ssistant Public Defender / Major Litigation Division, Louisville, Kentucky
As a trial attorney with the Major Litigation Division of the Louisville-Jefferson County Public Defender, Patrick litigated death-penalty eligible murder cases, and other complicated cases.
Assistant Public Defender / Adult Trial Division, Louisville, Kentucky
As a trial attorney in the Adult Trial Division of the Louisville-Jefferson County Public Defender, Patrick obtained significant trial experience trying cases involving white collar fraud, murder, robbery, domestic violence, sexual offenses, theft, and drug trafficking.
Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville, J.D. (1993)
- Dean's List
- Law Review
- Top 10% of class
- Campus Senator
University of Kentucky, B.A. (1990)
- Dean’s List
- Vice-President & Treasurer of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity
EXPERIENCE IN LEGAL INSTRUCTION
- Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville (Trial & Advanced Trial Practice)
- Federal Defender National Training Group (Ethics)
- Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Advocacy in Federal Court)
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys (Advocacy in Federal Court)
- Louisville Bar Association (Federal Evidence & Law)
- National Business Institute (Trial Skills)
- Lorman Educational Services (Trial Skills involving DUI trials)
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rating
- Top Louisville Lawyers, Louisville Magazine
- Kentucky's Super Lawyers
- Business First’s Forty under 40
- Louisville Bar Association’s Young Criminal Justice Lawyer of the Year
- 500th Acquittal Award, Louisville-Jefferson County Public Defender